Boating Safety and Rental Rules
- Rule number 1 is HAVE FUN! Safe boating is the most fun
- Rule number 2 is BE PREPARED! The “Captain” is soley responsible for the boat and its occupants
- Always obey state and local boating regulations
- Daily rates are per boat. Canoes carry 1 or 2 adults and 1 child. Kayaks carry 1 person. Double Kayaks carry 2-3(2 adults 1 child<50lbs or 1 adult and 2 children)
- Rental includes boat, life vest and paddles, lesson, safety briefing
- All boats must be on the beach by or before 6:00 p.m. daily.
- We cannot provide rental or livery services anytime unsafe conditions exist on the rivers, forests or roads.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If you need to cancel for any reason please contact us 24 hours in advance of your reservation and we will hold a credit on file for you until 6-30-16.
- Be aware of weather and traffic
- If by chance, thunderstorms arise, paddle to shore, and get out of your kayak,
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s or lifevests) must be worn, ZIPPED UP, at ALL TIMES while in your kayak or Canoe NO EXCEPTIONS! It’s Illinois Law
- Kids under age 12 may paddle a single kayak with a staff member from KayakMorris.com or paddle in a tandem kayak or canoe with a parent or guardian.
- Anyone under the age of 21years old may not rent any watercraft without an adult or guardian and/or staff present with them on the water at all times.
- Rubber soled Footwear (watershoes, sandals or sneakers) must be worn at all times!
- PLEASE BRING A HAT, SUNSCREEN, BUG SPRAY, and PLENTY OF WATER WITH YOU
- Please carry your cell phone in a waterproof bag.
- Do NOT PADDLE DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ILLINOIS RIVER
- Stay close to the shore(We have a 50 yard wide paddling lane between the buoys and the shore(this makes it much safer than riding your bike down the street (the view is better anyway). Do not cross the river in front of any boat!
- Swimming from boats is dangerous and prohibited
- Capsizing of boats is not permitted
- Renters may NOT cross the river or paddle near the shipping lane.
- Alcohol is not permitted in any rented boats.
- Operate boats within known limits:
- Kayaks / Canoes Regulations
- we have life jackets for all ages including infants, toddlers, etc.
- Dogs are not allowed in any rented boat
- FOOTWEAR MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES! no flip flops
- Must be 13 years of age or older to operate a 1 person kayak and have previously taken kayak lessons
- Participants 13 – 17 using a 1 person kayak must have had previous kayaking experience in order to paddle a single kayak and must be accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older in another kayak.
- Participants under the age of 18, must have a parent/guardian 18+ sign the liability waiver.
- Any person under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an individual 21 or older in a 2 person kayak.
- There is a 275 lb. maximum weight limit for single kayaks, 550lb limit for double kayaks,.
- YES we do have extra long tandem kayaks that will seat 2 ppl plus a person 60 pounds or less. please specify 3extra long tandem in the customer comments
- Consider additional protection against:
Check the website below to see current conditions.
Payment for damages due to abuse or failure to obey the rules may include,
in addition to repair costs, compensation for lost rental income and staff time expenses.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE OR THEFT OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS